Living the dream, in the City of Dreams: Mumbai!



19th June 2017


Mumbai, a city which is a paradise for every traveller, despite his/her nationality. It was the same for me, it started back in 2008, the wish to travel, travel Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace, Nariman Point, CST(Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, previously known as Victoria Terminus).

After a wait of 9 long years, finally, I was going to make it to Mumbai, this June.

As the month of June arrived, I got more curious about something which I've been wishing for last 9 years, finally, I was going to make it.
I had this flight from Indore to Mumbai on 19th of June.

©Monish Shrivastava



©Monish Shrivastava


So I was here in Mumbai, while I was in flight, I planned up things to do in Mumbai, got a cab from Airport and moved to the hotel and meanwhile, I saw this beautiful flyover built over the Arabian Sea, which made Mumbai more beautiful since ever it was.

Bandra-Worli Sealink. ©Monish Shrivastava

After reaching the hotel and having my breakfast, I moved to The Taj Mahal Palace, which was on my list since 2008.
The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel is a "Heritage Grand" class five-star hotel in the Colaba region of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, next to the Gateway of India. Historically it was known as the "Taj Mahal Hotel"[2][3] or the "Taj Palace Hotel" or simply "the Taj".
The Taj Mahal Palace ©Monish Shrivastava

The Gateway of India is a monument built during the 20th century in Mumbai City of Maharashtra state in Western India. It is located on the waterfront in the Apollo Bunder area in South Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian Sea. The structure was erected to commemorate the landing of King George V and Queen Mary at Apollo Bunder when they visited India in 1911.

Gateway of India. ©Monish Shrivastava

After having a pleasant noon at Gateway of India, I moved to Nariman Point, it was the time when clouds started to drizzle a bit, which made the weather more beautiful.
Marine Drive ©Monish Shrivastava

Sitting here was one of the most peaceful time in my life yet, I didn't wish to leave, the feeling you get when you're sitting right next to the ocean with mild drizzle and waves welcoming you in a peaceful fashion, It was amazing, the best feeling! 

After having a peaceful time, I departed to  Siddhivinayak Temple, it is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shri Ganesh. It is located in Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra. 

Picture Source: Wikipedia

 After visiting the temple, I moved towards Worli Seaface, to see spend more time sitting a near the sea and enjoy that feeling, till I reached there it was around 18:30 hours, Mumbai's traffic guys, even a journey of 10-12 kms can cost you 40-45 minutes easily, the sky and the sun started to blend a perfect sunset for me that day, and it was a delight to watch that sunset, also I shot a timelapse of it, which is on my Instagram handle.
                   

Bandra Worli Sealink(Worli Seaface) ©Monish Shrivastava
After witnessing a beautiful sunset, I moved towards visit CST,  and it was the perfect time for it, since I saw many pictures of CST at night, it was a mere dream for me taking its picture at night, how beautiful the lighting was, fortunately, I got these light trails too, although I wasn't carrying a tripod, you know "Fortune favours the brave".

Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus ©Monish Shrivastava
As of now, I had accomplished my dream, my dream of witnessing these 3 places, but it wasn't all from Mumbai, I had one more day here.

20th June

I planned a visit to our relatives back 40 kms away from our hotel, so half of my day was gone as I left after having lunch, I reached the city around 18:00 hours, now I planned a visit to Bandstand, Bandra to see the sunset, and it was worth it, as if God had planned two beautiful sunsets in a row for me in Mumbai.

Bandstand, Bandra. ©Monish Shrivastava


So this was my last day at Mumbai, Mumbai gave me some beautiful memories, few great shots and overall I accomplished my dream, dreams do come true, you just gotta try enough!😊

Its time to sign off guys, it's my first attempt at blogging, I hope you guys will like it, I thank everyone who motivated me to go for blogging, do give your valuable reviews! 👼







Comments

  1. This is amazing💙
    Or
    I should say u r amazing dp.💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job. Keep blogging. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great attempt Monish!
    You are doing a wonderful job.
    Your Photographs are always amazing.
    Keep blogging. ��
    #YourBiggestFan! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, you did a great job.. 😄👌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Monish!😘
    Pics are just awesome.💜
    I wish to visit this beautiful city "Aamchi Mumbai" once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is superb.😍
    And your clicks❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb monish😘😘
    In love with your clicks❤❤
    And keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome😍😍
    Keep up the good work🖒

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work ...! ��♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!!!
    The clicks are impeccable����
    Kudos to you Monish��

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo amazing ������already ur clicks did the work,now this was cherry on the cake.... Miles for you to go... Great photography skills nd blogging too��keep it up, best wishes ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep Blogging <3
    Keep Clicking :P
    When I was reading , I started imagining about my trip :P
    It was worth reading:D
    I wasn't able to visit CST :( Now I'm regretting it :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job. Keep blogging 😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  15. Informative descriptions of the places.
    Loved your blog😄🖒

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pictures are perfectly clicked��
    Loved the blog����

    ReplyDelete
  17. Writing this to one of my favourite photographers. I always wanted you to use your skills in a productive manner and I think this is the best way.
    Where words fall short to describe the beauty of the place, your photographs fill the void.
    Anyway, I love this blog and hope to see it more ☺️
    Keep it up.


    PS- I think you should visit Himachal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To one of my good friends, its great to see such compliments on your work, it motivates me to do more of this, means a lot Sonuu! xP
      Thank you so much! ❤️❤️

      Delete
  18. Greats work, would appreciate if you post another ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've one on Delhi too, have a look! :)

      Delete
  19. Very Nice Blog Keep Travel other cities and Do Your Best Stay Blessed and Stay Connected !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bandra Worli Sealink and all other pictures are so goood😍
    Quite Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautifully written.. and of course your photography skills took it to another level ����

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really so well written�� And the pictures are so beautiful nd amazing❤
    Wish u luck��
    Keep shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazingly written�� & obviously the pictures clicked by you played an imp role in your blog.��
    It's good to see you using your talent of photography in this way i.e for describing the places you explored.��
    Keep it up !��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amisha, to achieve such compliments is always good, means a lot! ❤️

      Delete
  24. Hey Monish, right now, I have a same dream what u had in 20o8. Hope I achieve it like u soon. Your story is a motivation to me. Keep blogging, keep motivating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I motivated you, Sure will try and do the same in future too! Thanks much! :)

      Delete
  25. Amazing, story of your dream... And pictures are awesome....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You may also like.

Under the patronage of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi ✨

Soulful weekend getaway at Sanchi!