Travelogue Parvati Valley: Kasol Manikaran and Tosh!

After a year-long break from travelling, I’m back with an adventurous yet beautiful trip to The Parvati Valley, precisely Kasol, Manikaran and Tosh. It was a long throned wish to visit a hill station, after a lot of planning stuff I decided to explore The Valley!



So I took a train from Bhopal to reach Delhi from where I had to change a train for Phagwara.
You might be thinking, why Phagwara?
It was the place where I was supposed to meet my friends and lead to a beautiful excursion to Parvati Valley.
You can take a direct bus from Delhi to Manikaran at a very affordable price without getting into hassles.
I then took a bus from Phagwara leading to Manikaran, it was a whole night journey so after finalising everything I slept.
When I woke up I was already in the Parvati Valley and my reaction was Wowwwww!!!
 ©Monish Shrivastava

It was around 5:30 AM and I could see a beautiful sunrise set up for me somewhere near Bhuntar(a town located around 30km south to Kasol). You can see the beautiful Sangam of River Beas and Parvati while crossing the overbridge. 

 ©Monish Shrivastava

Within an hour I reached Kasol(a hamlet located in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh at a height of 1580 metres above the sea level) and then I started walking towards Manikaran.

 ©Monish Shrivastava


 ©Monish Shrivastava

I was acquainted with a cafe for which I had to cross the overbridge and do a little trekking to the village Choj via Chalal Trek Trail.


Choj Overbridge
©Monish Shrivastava

View from our room at Shanti Cafe and Restaurant.
 ©Monish Shrivastava
The hosts were amazing and I found a Baba over there who’s actually a double PhD and spends half of his year in Kasol and a half travelling other parts of the world. 

©Monish Shrivastava


I rested a bit then moved to Manikaran to see the local market and explore a bit more of Parvati Valley.

©Monish Shrivastava

The first day was full of exploration and quite a few pictures!
I stood up till 3:30 AM and couldn’t see a single star due to the clouds but suddenly wind played its game and the sky was clear and that view was magical, a starry sky with beautiful mountains in the foreground! 

©Monish Shrivastava

Day 2 started with a bang, it was the day I was supposed to head to Tosh via Barshaini, I trekked my way through Chalal to reach Kasol and then took a taxi to Tosh.

©Monish Shrivastava




©Monish Shrivastava




The journey was beautiful, all the way I could see snow capped mountains hidden under the clouds but it started getting scarier as I started moving closer to Tosh, the roads were narrow, a bit damaged and it was raining all the time, yet was worth taking it!

©Monish Shrivastava


©Monish Shrivastava


©Monish Shrivastava





So I reached Tosh in the noon, it is the last motorable village of The Parvati Valley at the height of approx. 2400 metres above the sea level! 
I then hunted for a place to stay and chose Pinky didi’s cafe which has a mind throbbing view of the Himalayas!
Pinki didi's cafe at the left corner.
©Monish Shrivastava



Pinky didi's Cafe


©Monish Shrivastava 


©Monish Shrivastava


Being there and enjoying the view was the only thing that place demanded from me, in the evening I started trailing to Tosh Village to actually explore the place and get something to eat!
I moved back to the cafe at around 9 PM, it was amazing walking through the streets of Tosh in the dark with a cold breeze and a scintillating view of the village! 
I stood up late and enjoyed the atmosphere, the next day I was supposed to leave back for our places but I was feeling 2 days aren’t enough for the Valley. There’s a lot of things to explore and moreover, you could just sit and enjoy the atmosphere without any pollution and any hassle, a minimum of 7 days is what you need to enjoy the actual beauty of the valley and for me, it was a weekend getaway! Haha. 

Things you can do in the valley:


  • Trek the mountains, there are lots of those, Kheerganga, Rasol, Grahan and if you’re brave enough to climb, Malana. 
  • River Rafting(Available at Bhuntar)
  • Paragliding
  • Sit back and enjoy!
  • Obviously, you can get high, different types of high moreover, standing on the top of a high rise high, the first time you smoke a Chillum high and the high of being in the hills! ;)
Travel responsibly and please do not pollute the environment! No matter where you go respect the quiet, you might enjoy the electronic trance but the creatures of the mountain don't!

With this I sign off for now, will be back with another travel story soon! 


If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread to a friend, or sharing it on TwitterFacebook or Instagram. Thank you! šŸ‘¼

 Stay tuned on Instagram and Facebook for regular updates.

Comments

  1. Wow .. fantastic photos šŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really far out!. Very much excited to visit this place. You're much improved as a Blogger, I could imagine how your journey would be to the place and I did. Long way to go, keep writing, keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MasssstšŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures!
    The place looks so peaceful when imagined by such a beautiful description!
    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The word perfectly compliment every single picture. Absolutely.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should read the other ones too! :)

      Delete
  6. Shivangi Lokras18 June 2018 at 23:12

    The best blog so far. I Loved all the pictures Mr. Photographer. ❤️❤️❤️ Keep it up. Curious to see the next blog. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well encapsulated!
    Well done!����

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading felt more like personally witnessing your journey. The way you've framed it is commendable ❤️ Keep making us feel jelous šŸ¤­

    ReplyDelete
  9. Masha'allah kya khoob! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Precisely described. šŸ˜ƒ
    One of the best ways to feel like traveling when you're not is to read your travel blog. šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures and content šŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh Man..!! This is hell amazing and beautiful too.
    You've framed everything so wonderfully.❤️
    Great work✌šŸ»️

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of your best blog till date... language was on point ... not much and not so whammy and as usual your visuall representations were soo good ❤ perfect indeed to setback anyone's mind for the trip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly written and beautifully clicked picture šŸ’•šŸŒø
    I'm glad you loved my state ❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt like I just went for a short trip and came back ❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully captured dost...❤️
    I could actually live those moments šŸ¤—...keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunned by beautiful scenery..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woo-hoo mohnisha Amazing write Up šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ and the pictures are too good as usual ❤šŸ’Æ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures ❤
    Great work Monish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, well done! You've written such a well thought informative piece.šŸ˜šŸ¤©
    And the pictures are just wow.. great job!
    Btw what kind of high did you experience?šŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashir!! šŸ˜❤️
      Well all kinds of high! šŸ˜‹

      Delete
  22. Have heard of Kasol, never been there .
    You have taken me for a soul searching trip thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazingly described and such beautiful pictures. šŸ–¤ Keep up the good work ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You may also like.

Under the patronage of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi ✨

Living the dream, in the City of Dreams: Mumbai!

Soulful weekend getaway at Sanchi!